Conditions for Commissions
I have the right to decline any commission, for any reason.
- Reasons your commission may be declined: Its content did not adhere to the rest of the terms and conditions; it was too complicated for my current schedule; it had content that made me uncomfortable; it did not provide references; etc. Please contact me for more information.
- Please answer all required fields in the commissions form, which are marked with asterisks. These include descriptions, references, and credit to the characters’ author. Without these fields, I cannot complete your commission.
- I will own copyright to the finished artwork, unless we have previously discussed and agreed upon you owning the artwork (for example, logos and advertising).
- I have the right to post Work-in-Progress images, final images, and videos of the art process on any or all of my social media accounts.
- I have the right to sell the original copy of the artwork as well as digital and physical copies of the artwork.
- I have the right to sell different versions of the artwork, such as alternative colours, colouring page versions, etc; unless previousy discussed.
- Credit to the original creator for the art context is required. For example, if you are comissioning fanart, you must give me information about the series so I can credit its creator(s).
- You can only post the finished piece of artwork on your own social media if I have previously given you permission. Any artwork you post must mention either Alyssa McCray Art or GossArt1323 as the artist and must include a link to my website or other social media account.
- You can only print the artwork for personal use unless otherwise agreed upon.
- You may not sell, distribute, or publish my artwork or traces of my artwork unless otherwise agreed upon.
- If you have specific circumstances, or questions regarding this, please feel to contact me!
- OCs, fanart, real people (references required)
- Humanoids, nekomimi, furries, some animals
- Backgrounds and props will depend on complexity and negotiating.
- Posters, advertisements, album artwork, character designs, character references, character sketch pages, logos, website banners, etc.
- Comic strips (see FAQ and contact me first)
- Digital or traditional art (traditional art options will depend on availability and materials I have).
Will Not Draw:
- Extreme gore or violence.
- Extreme sexual content.
- Mecha, guns (Splatoon weapons OK, some other kinds of weapons OK).
- Anything discriminatory or hateful to specific peoples/groups of any kind.
- Anything that makes me uncomfortable (for example: upside down crosses)
- Tracer from Overwatch. Never again. Nope. Don't even ask.
- MUST pay up front! You can pay after you receive the first test sketch (unless you are getting a sketch commission). For very large payments, you may pay half up front and half on completion before being sent the final files.
- Right now I can only accept payment through PayPal. I know the service fees have been changing lately, and if you have a problem with PayPal please contact me for other payment options.
- I may consider trades, but not often. Feel free to ask!
For Commission Examples:
- See this gallery folder: http://alyssamccrayart.com/gallery/commission-examples.html
- Each commission option is shown/explained through the images in this gallery.
- If you still don't understand what the options mean, check the FAQ or contact me.
- All prices are subject to change before approval. The estimated cost from this website may be inaccurate, especially if you add more than 2 characters, or have something very complicated that I may want to charge extra for. If we don’t both agree on a price, the commission will be canceled. If I run into a lot of problems along the way, or you ask me to redo a part multiple times, I may charge another fee. It’s up to discretion and negotiation. Each commission is different.
- I will add the PayPal fee to your final cost.
- Please let me know if your commission has a deadline. This will add a fee if it's a rush job. Deadlines change the way I approach commissions, as well as whether or not I can accept them.
- I will not start the commission process until we have BOTH agreed on the final price.
Negotiations and Time Schedules
- There are always exceptions and negotiations to the rules! Some things that are under “Will Not Draw” can be negotiated! For example, I will not draw real guns, but I will draw Splatoon weapons and maybe some Sci-Fi style weapons. Also my character limit is set as 2, but feel free to contact me if you want something more. Please ask me before giving up hope!
- Please be patient with me! Art is not like a 9-5 job where you complete your tasks every day. Art takes time, motivation, and focus. If you feel like I'm ignoring your project, please feel free to contact me about it. The important thing is both of us are pleased with the art experience!